As it turns out, Forequarter's schedule for Madison Craft Beer Week won't be on madbeerweek.com after all. But if blogs are good for one thing, it's not having a deadline. So without further ado, here's the full rundown of James Beard Best New Restaurant semifinalist Forequarter's schedule for MCBW, courtesy of Hastings Cameron.
- Tapping our keg of Common Thread at midnight (strict adherence to the "wait till Friday" edict). $2.5 pints from midnight-bar time.
Friday 5/3 (10pm-bar close, food until 1am)
- Bright/citrusy bitter cocktails, (i.e. classic negroni, a more aggressive house gin & tonic, Malört cosmo, and a revisited "hop Collins") paired with Green Flash Imperial IPA
- Dark/roasty bitter cocktails paired with Lagunitas Wilco Tango Foxtrot: a kegged "negroni" made with gin, Campari + "vermouth" comprised of Karben4's Silk Scorpion sweetened with house raspberry cordial.
- Goblets of Lagunitas' WTF and Green Flash IIPA are $3 and $4.5 respectively. Standalone cocktails $5-7, beer/cocktail pairings $6-9, shots of Malört $3. All cocktails but the k4 negroni will be available during dinner.
Saturday 5/4 (10pm-bar close, food until 1am)
- Speyside, Campbelltown and Islay single malt scotches paired with beers both delicate and malt bomb-y. Rob Roys made with an O'So Dominator Dopplebock reduction. A dessert drink inspired by Whoppers and the Briess malt balls a beer rep handed me at the Malt House right before I drove to visit my family for Christmas. Prices TBD, but will be very friendly, unless someone shouts for an Octomore 10 boilermaker. All of this bombast leavened by a soundtrack of nothing but Belle & Sebastian and Camera Obscura.
"Dave's Lager & Agave Experience"
- During dinner: Nuanced pairing flights of an array of mezcal and tequila with lager beer (pilsners and Vienna reds) that's a touch craftier than Negra Modelo. Dave is our resident Oaxaca fanatic. I'm sure he'd prefer this be called something else. Pick his brain re: mezcal, or have him make a suero, a beery paloma or this ridiculous chavela variation we're working on. It's garnished with a spicier rendition of the Underground Meats landjäger we commissioned just for our bar. After 10pm, specials on all of the above.
- Tasting menu as previously covered.
- After 10pm, it will become night of a billion saisons and weird farmhouse variations. Beer list to come.
"Stillwater + Evil Twin tap takeover"
- I am both excited and terrified by this.
"Sausage party at Karben4"
- I think this means our meats people will be doing artisanally broish things out there.
Details hazy, but will involve beer/cheese pairing with Uplands Cheese Company boss man Andy Hatch and three vintages of Pleasant Ridge Reserve.